The result: absolutely amazing waffles! I often request that she make a batch for me, even now that I don’t live at home anymore hehe. So, now I share with all of you, one of the greatest ‘mom recipes’ out there!
Ingredients for 12-14 waffles:
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted, and more for brushing waffle
- 6 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- In a blender, blend or whisk together in second bowl melted butter and
peanut butter until smooth (about 1 minute). Add buttermilk and eggs
and blend until combined, another minute.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Brush waffle iron with butter and pour in ½ to ¾ cup batter per waffle.
Close iron and cook until waffles are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with bananas, maple syrup, or my personal favorite, nutella 🙂