A show that has been able to go on for over a decade must be doing something right, right? Even though there are constantly new characters coming onto the show, I personally feel like being able to watch the few that have been there from the get-go is what is extra special. The core characters like Meredith (Ellen Pompeo), Alex (Justin Chambers), Bailey (Chandra Wilson), and Richard (James Pickens Jr.) have grown and changed so much since day one, it’s been very cool to see. Back when I started watching this show years ago, I was not quite sure that it would be my thing… not just because it was my ex who showed it to me, but also because I felt a little squeamish when it came to blood. But, surprise, I got hooked right away! Not only do you get to see super interesting and unique medical stories, but you also get to see the lives of all the doctors unfold. Over these twelve years, there have been some main characters that have left the show, because well, a lot can happen over that much time. I really do miss some of them, so today when I stumbled upon an article saying that this upcoming season would focus on the show’s core characters, I was really stoked!
Some of the things I love most about Grey’s Anatomy:
- The diverse group of characters, it’s really awesome…. even a lesbian couple are two of the mains… Callie and Arizona are super cute
- The dance thing they do; the show has a habit of the characters throwing impromptu dance parties to deal with their issues.
- The main character Meredith Grey! I just think she’s awesome, such a complex and down-to-earth character that the audience falls in love with.
- All the medical story-lines are really intriguing!
- Drama, drama, drama.. I mean, who doesn’t love drama?!
FUN LITTLE FACT: SANDRA OH WHO USED TO PLAY THE GREATLY-MISSED CHARACTER, CHRISTINA YANG (WHO ALSO HAPPENED TO BE A FAVORITE OF MINE) WENT TO THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL AS ME! HAVING HER FAMILY IN THE SAME NEIGHBOURHOOD AS ME, MY MOM HAS RUN INTO HER TWICE 🙂