So, Gen and I finally tried out UberEats tonight. Once I had downloaded the app, we took our time looking through the entire list of restaurant options. Wow, I swear this service works with about a billion different places. So many options out there! I was super stoked to see that many of these restaurant options were actually diners, because well let’s be honest, I’m not exactly the salad and soup type. I got even more stoked when I remembered that Flapjacks was one of the diner options… gotta love breakfast for dinner!
Here’s what we ordered and what our thoughts were:
- Waffles with Nutella, bananas and strawberry coulis: Yum! this entire meal was gobbled up like there’s no tomorrow
- Club sandwich: Yum, a bit soggy, but definitely not big enough an issue to make us not want to order again or anything. Hard to keep everything dry when there’s gravy involved!
- Poutine: Deeelicious! Cheese, gravy, fries… what could go wrong?
Some other thoughts about UberEats:
- Super awesome idea, being able to track where my order was and when to expect it was really cool!
- The huge list of restaurant and food options made this service very intriguing
- I had gotten a promo code from an Uber driver a while ago, so this was a definite plus, but I do think that the prices were a tad higher than I would’ve expected… makes sense though, because we are paying for the service also, not just the food
- The no-tipping policy might make things easier for the customer, but might also kinda suck for the drivers
- Overall, we loved it. Super nice driver and great food! Was also really quick and came straight to our apartment door 🙂