Sadly, Gen and I decided to give our rats away for adoption, it was definitely for the best. They went to a great home and will have other little rat friends to play with. I will always miss my Joey sitting on my lap while blogging or while watching TV, but both he and his brother Marshall are literally “in a better place now”… literally, not figuratively!
Anyways! Now that they’ve been adopted, we are trying to sell the cage and accessories on Kijiji. Wow, it’s quite the challenge! I have used this site a lot in my life, and it is usually an interesting experience, to say the least. Let’s just say, communication doesn’t always go smoothly. People want only certain items, for less money, at a different location, etc… people love to bargain and negotiate! Looked around a bit for some tips, and decided to share them with you guys. Also! Here is a list of my own as well:
7 Tips for Kijiji-ing
- Safety – Most important! Do not give out your address until the sale is set and you feel comfortable enough to trust your buyer. Public places are even better, if at all possible. Gen and I ask people to meet us in the lobby of our apartment building, so that’s also an option. Safer for both us and the buyer.
- Do research before posting – See what others are asking for the same items. Base your price(s) on this.
- Be specific about your item(s) – Size, colour, etc.
- Honesty – Is your item a little banged up? Tell people, be open about it. They will for sure appreciate it!
- Patience – Sometimes people don’t reply right away, or negotiate too much… but, trust me, the day will come, and all will be happy!
- Stay firm – Only accept an offer you’re really okay with and don’t be afraid to stick to it.
- Pictures – People often won’t even look at your ad if there’s no pic to go with it.
Wanna share any Kijiji stories? Good, bad, or ugly… anything goes! 🙂