So, as I sit here, often getting updates from my wife about the election, my mind wanders. Now, let me make this clear, I am in no way an expert in the area… I seriously know very little about all of this. Politics never really got to me, until recently. I think a lot of people may agree with this, because it’s clear that this year’s election = a lot of social media coverage! Opinions, news, and updates are buzzing all around the web. So, naturally, I feel like I must join in hehe. But, in all seriousness, I would love to just express my feelings over this big election event. I think the pic above of Fear and Disgust from Inside Out is quite the spoiler alert!
- Scared – What on earth is going to happen to the world after this? Trump winning would have huge repercussions! Not only for America, but also every other country in the world.
- Sad – Pretty self-explanatory
- Confused – Again, definitely not a huge expert in the area. Confused also because I really can’t understand the reasoning behind some of the decisions that are being made… am I maybe missing something? I feel like my non-expertise with all of this could mean I’m missing something…
- Shocked – I really thought people had come further than this… I mean, Trump has openly talked about being homophobic (i.e. saying that he is against same-sex marriage) and I have also seen videos of him openly saying racist remarks… but, people are still voting for him?! Okay, so anger might creep in around here sometimes… I may feel.. shangry? Shocked AND angry at times?
- Compassion – Just thinking about my loved ones that live in the states, I can’t imagine what they all must be feeling right now. If this is hard for us here in Canada, can you imagine how much harder it is for them?
*THESE ARE JUST MY HUMBLE OPINIONS ON THE TOPIC, NOT MEANT TO OFFEND… EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO THEIR OWN OPINIONS, INCLUDING EVERY ONE OF YOU :-)*
*GOOD LUCK TO US ALL