5 Anti-Procrastination Tips

I’ve dealt with it, I’m sure you’ve dealt with it, it’s really a very serious problem that affects a lot of us everyday. The severity of this issue varies from person to person, but I am willing to bet that it has come into everyone’s life at one point or another. It’s that feeling we get when we really don’t want to do something, when we would do absolutely anything to avoid it.

A hint: I even had this issue before starting this very post. It’s a little thing called Procrastination.

5 Zoey-valuated Anti-Procrastination Tips:

Small chunks – Sometimes a project can seem scary, so putting it off is quite tempting. So, breaking it into small chunks definitely helps!

Eliminating – Getting rid of the TV, computer, etc. really helps me on occasion.

Help – There’s nothing wrong with asking someone to help you out. Someone to work with, or even just someone to encourage you.

Work spot – Finding a new place to sit could help shake things up. You know, new perspective and all..

End game – This one always helps me! Reminding myself of how awesome I’ll feel when I’m done, it’s really a great trick! For example, when I started writing this post, I reminded myself that I’m gonna feel so great when I click that ‘Publish’ button!

When have you dealt with procrastination? What has helped you with it? I’m always open to new ideas. Share away in the comments below! 🙂

signature

One thought on “5 Anti-Procrastination Tips

1. Esther Schvan

March 26, 2017 at 7:05am

Somebody once told me that everybody procrastinates, only the area in which they do it, might be different from person to person. True, I think.

• zoeyvaluatedblog

March 27, 2017 at 12:52am

I think that’s exactly right! Procrastination affects us all 🙂
      Thanks for your comment! <3

March 26, 2017 at 7:25am

So true Zoey, I do it too!! All good tips, especially the “breaking it in small chunks”. This has served me well over the last few months as we’ve been de-cluttering the house to sell it. I’ve made it a point to declutter one area (cupboard, drawer, room, etc) everyday! Now that it’s done I feel a sense of release and wonder why I waited so long…ah yes, because I procrastinate 🙂

• zoeyvaluatedblog

March 27, 2017 at 12:50am

That’s so great that it works for you! De-cluttering must be quite the task!
      Thanks so much for reading and commenting! <3

3. Rae

March 27, 2017 at 1:16pm

Yes to these tips – especially limiting distractions! I also have found that setting a timer for how long I will work for before I get to go grab a soda, or the a timer for how long I’m allowed to mess around on Facebook before getting started on work, has been very helpful!

• zoeyvaluatedblog

March 27, 2017 at 1:43pm

That’s a really great idea! Time limits and things to look forward to 🙂 thanks so much for your input! ♡

4. dawnblogtopus

March 27, 2017 at 11:53pm

Great advice as always Zoey! As someone with ADHD I set alarms and timers for just about everything. Thank God for my phone. Life is so much easier when you just get your stuff done rather than procrastinating 🙂

• zoeyvaluatedblog

March 28, 2017 at 12:03am

Hey! Yes, timers are quite useful! Where would we be without technology?? Thanks for reading and commenting! ♡

March 31, 2017 at 3:01pm

Your advice is definetly something I needed to see!! I tend to put things off until the last minute then find myself stressed trying to hurry the project along… I’m really trying to work on this and will apply some of your suggestions 🙂

6. Tangela

April 17, 2017 at 2:44pm

I have an issue with procrastination sometimes, too. I would try to find everything else to do but what I am suppose to be doing!! If I really want to get something done, I often go to the library; where it’s quiet and less distracting. I can work from home often but when those moments of procrastination hit all I want to do is either watch t.v. or roam the internet!!

Zoey valuated

April 17, 2017 at 6:08pm

Change of scenery is definitely very helpful! Thanks for reading and commenting!! ♡

April 17, 2017 at 7:25pm

Love these! Definitely going to put them to use!

8. Kaitlynn

April 18, 2017 at 8:31am

These are some great tips. I found that making study dates with friends at coffee shops is a great way to get my work for school done. Sometimes I just go crazy when I am sitting at home by myself trying to complete things on my own. Thanks for sharing!!

Zoey valuated

April 18, 2017 at 4:00pm

Yes, that definitely is a great motivator! Change of scenery and added company 🙂 Thanks for reading / commenting! ♡