FonDue’s and Dont’s

If you know me well, you might know that I tend to go through phases. For a period of time, I get hooked on a certain food, drink, etc. and cannot get enough of it. This period of time comes to an end, and soon the next phase begins. Always been like this, ever since I was a kid and got myself hooked on mustard for a while. Oh, good times…

So, what’s my most recent phase, you might be wondering? Well, I’m glad you asked, because this is the topic of my post today. Lately, I have become quite hooked on fondue, and not just any fondue, but chocolate fondue. Yummy! I cut up fruits, melt some milk chocolate, and I have myself a super delicious snack! Sometimes, I even add marshmallows into the mix! Oh, what a fun thing to do. Quite the versatile activity as well, can be done alone or in groups. But, very important to talk about, are the unwritten rules of doing a fondue in a group setting. Thus, I decided to make them not so ‘unwritten’. Here it comes, folks..

The Zoey-valuated List of FonDue’s and Dont’sĀ

Do:

• enjoy your snack
  • share all the food equally among all guests
  • minimize the dripping when bringing your piece of food towards your plate
  • keep you area as clean as possible
  • have multiple pieces of food on your plate to avoid a lot of reaching
  • keep stirring the chocolate/broth/oil, etc. in the pot to maintain the melted state
  • share the cleaning up tasks

Don’t:

• intentionally steal someone else’s piece of food from the fondue bowl… finders keepers rule does not apply here
  • double dip your fork into the shared pot
  • participate if you’re sick
  • put the dipping fork directly in your mouth
  • leave your piece of food in the pot if accidentally dropped

Hope you found these tips useful! Couldn’t help but share this little clip šŸ™‚ After all, my title did come from the amazing Kitty Foreman!

One thought on “FonDue’s and Dont’s

1. Karine

April 9, 2017 at 6:11pm

Well, Zoey, I think it’s best that you don’t invite me over to your place for chocolate fondue: I always double dip and put the dipping fork directly in my mouth. Maybe I need table etiquette lessons…

Zoey valuated

April 9, 2017 at 7:07pm

lol writing these rules down was one thing, whether or not I follow them is totally different šŸ™‚ So no worries, no judgements here. I have been known to do a double dip or two myself šŸ™‚ Thanks so much for reating and commenting ā™”

April 10, 2017 at 1:42am

I have to agree with the no double dipping rule šŸ™‚ I love doing Fondue meals with my boys! Everyone picks a veggie and then we have some bread and fruit too šŸ™‚

Zoey valuated

April 10, 2017 at 4:19am

Wow, a super healthy fondue! Good call! And yes, double dipping is not appealing to everyone šŸ™‚ Thanks for reading and commenting! <3

April 12, 2017 at 3:23pm

I’ve never done fondue before! I’ve always wanted to go to The Melting Pot for dinner. This makes me want to go even more – now that I know the basic etiquette I can dip without embarrassment šŸ™‚

Zoey valuated

April 12, 2017 at 4:13pm

So glad this inspired you to dip šŸ™‚ Thanks for the comment!! ā™”

4. Kaitlynn

April 24, 2017 at 2:17pm

I don’t think I’ve ever done fondue before! I know there was a Melting Pot in Philadelphia but I never went. Its good to know some etiquette just in case. It sounds like fun just like Kitty said. šŸ™‚

Zoey valuated

April 24, 2017 at 4:58pm

Yes, definitely very fun! Highly recommend it šŸ™‚ Hot pot is also amazing, a much healthier version! Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! ā™”

5. Angie

May 8, 2017 at 5:02pm

All of those tips are great, but the best is not participating if you are sick. The food may be hot enough to kill the germs, but why take the chance, but then again, no double dipping is a really good tip too. No one likes that!

May 8, 2017 at 5:51pm

Yes, very important not to get sick! Double dipping also falls into this category šŸ™‚ Fondue can be so much fun, but health comes first! Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! ā™”