You Know You’re an Adult When…

Well folks, I wrote my last blog post all about becoming an adult and how the journey has been going for me. Hope you guys enjoyed it, because I actually will be doing a little follow up post! Today, I’m going to be creating a list of signs that you may actually already be adulting pretty well. A tie-up post, if you will. All these things are just randomly thought up by me, no specific order or anything. They might sound right for some of you, but sound completely ridiculous to others! Hope you enjoy them! 🙂

You Know You’re an Adult When…   Zoey valuated – Style

Time – The years keep getting shorter and your days keep going faster

Finally! – You finally think you understand what your parent meant whenever they used to say “you’ll understand when you’re an adult!”

Hobbies – Free time to work on your hobbies is a thing of the past

Patience – A virtue you swear you used to have, but seem to have lost over the years

Clubbing / partying – What on earth are those things? Oh yeah, maybe they have something to do with those fuzzy memories you have of feeling really crappy on weekend mornings!

Shopping – Buying things like this (pic below) excite you now. Also, who knew furniture shopping could be fun? Apparently only adults know these little secrets!

Kids – You’ve caught yourself thinking “kids these days…” more than once. You were never like that, right?!

Celebrities – You could have sworn that actress wasn’t this old?! Like, since when is Selena Gomez old enough to produce a TV show?! Wasn’t she like 5 just the other day?

Technology / Social Media – What is with all these social media sites? You remember when Facebook was new, exciting, and the only option since MSN messenger

Laundry – You do get it done, but you often wait till the very last day possible. Granny panties day, anyone? 🙂

–A little side note for your benefit–

For my blog post with advice on laundry room etiquette, click here! 🙂

Planning – Now, this one I’m still getting used to, myself. Adults plan *gasp* wait for it… their lives! All those last-minute panicky shenanigans are done and over with. Well, almost all done 😉

Never-ending – Chores, errands, organizing, etc.. it seriously seems like it’s all never ending

Sales – Somehow, your eyes have developed this sort of radar in a grocery store, where you immediately pick up on signs around you, mostly those that say “SALE” on them

Forgetting – Last but not least, adults forget things. Hopefully this isn’t just a ‘me thing’… But, I feel like adults often have that feeling that they forgot something, just can’t remember what it was! Kind of like the feeling I have right now… I must have forgotten at least a couple things to add to this list. Help me out in the comments below! What would you add to the list?!

signature

One thought on “You Know You’re an Adult When…

April 27, 2017 at 11:16pm

I must be a full-fledged adult because I agree with everything on your list! I have to add…Snow and snow days were THE BEST as a kid. Now I dread them. The shoveling, the fear of driving in the snow…Stir crazy kids trapped inside on a snow day. *Shiver*

April 28, 2017 at 2:39am

ugh lol agreed! I used to hate snowy / rainy says when we had to stay inside with the kids in a daycare! Worst nightmare! Thanks for reading and commenting, admin buddy!! ♡

2. Rachel

April 28, 2017 at 4:55pm

I agree on all points! I remember having an “OMG I’m old!” moment when I got excited about buying a steam mop. There are definitely things like these that you slowly grow into, then there are other things that some people never grow into, I once made a list of things people should know by the time they’re adults: http://www.probablyrachel.com/10-things-you-should-know-by-adulthood/

April 28, 2017 at 8:08pm

Your list is great! Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! <3

3. Lisa

April 28, 2017 at 9:38pm

And you finally realise no one really knows what they’re doing, we’re all just making it up as we go along! 🙂

April 29, 2017 at 1:21am

Yes! We are all in the same boat, no one is alone ♡♡ Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! 🙂

4. Kim

April 28, 2017 at 10:18pm

Adulting can be hard sometimes:(

April 29, 2017 at 1:24am

Yes, most definitely. I remember as a kid, I thought life as an adult would be amazing and that I could do whatever I wanted. Not a chance! Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! ♡

April 29, 2017 at 4:56am

5. Ayana

May 8, 2017 at 2:18pm

I can definitely relate to it 😁 party/clubbing are now old memories

May 8, 2017 at 4:55pm

Yes they are. Fond memores, though 🙂 Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! ♡

6. jennylisah

May 15, 2017 at 4:28pm

i thought it was just me, i forget a whole lot of things, i have to write them down, hahaha …. adulting is really hard, i was one of those kids that wanted to grow up real quick but now i just want go back to being a kid.

May 15, 2017 at 6:02pm

You’re definitely not alone! Adulting is hard! When I was a kid, I also wanted to be a grown up. Now, I want to be a kid again lol the grass is always greener…
      Thanks so much for reading and commenting, means a lot! ♡

7. Yash

May 28, 2017 at 3:44pm

it’s really good…. i read your some post. I really enjoy it. Thank you admin for such a good post.