International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia

idahot ribbon

Well, today was one of my favorite days of the year, folks! It was International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOT)! A day to celebrate love and acceptance, two of most important things in this world. I read online all sorts of things, cute quotes, etc. So naturally, I thought I’d share them with you! I love any excuse to talk about these things.

Here are some of my faves…

Tegan and Sara – “To the #LGBTQ community on this International Day against homophobia, biphobia +transphobia just know u r PERFECT + WE ❤️ U.”

Justin Trudeau – “Today, I ask all of you to fight hatred, honour love, and defend LGBTQ2 rights as human rights #IDAHOT”.

Ellen DeGeneres – “Today’s a great day to show love to someone who’s different from you. #loveislove”

Chyler Leigh – “Acceptance of our OWN selves is crucial for growth healing and joy! Acceptance by other is icing on the cake #loveislove “

For the list of all the quotes said by celebrities, you can click here 🙂

Gotta love that “loveislove” hashtag! Why can’t this be a popular hashtag everyday? That’s what boggles my mind, why is it only today that we really focus on this? Shouldn’t every day revolve around love?
I mean, even me, Mrs. Positivity, gets bothered by some of the stuff out there these days. Sadly anyone can write anything on the internet, and nothing is done about it. Scary to think that anyone can read it. That’s why it’s so important that we always try to focus on things like “love is love”, whether or not it’s international day of homophobia, transphobia and biphobia. Yea, I still have trouble just writing out IDAHOT… it sounds funny to me… what do you think?

Would love to hear your thoughts / opinions! Not only on the name IDAHOT, but on everything I talked about here!
Share away in the comments!

One thought on “International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia

May 22, 2017 at 2:40pm

People need to learn that everyone can be who they want to be and No one has the right to judge or demean them. If everyone would accept one another for who they are, the world would be a much better place. Just because someone is different from you doesn’t make them any better or worse. We are all unique and we should revel in that instead of fighting it. Awesome post!

May 22, 2017 at 10:06pm

Could not have said it better myself! If only it were that easy, right?? Thanks so much for reading and commenting, it means a lot 💖

2. sian

May 23, 2017 at 2:12am

I had no idea this was a thing! like an actual day..but its good to see! i just wish i could have celebrated it

May 23, 2017 at 3:28am

Yeah, it’s a thing lol but I think it’s a fairly new thing. Learn something new everyday, right? 🙂 Thanks so much for reading and commenting, it means a lot! 💖

3. Yash

May 28, 2017 at 3:42pm

Hii this is good information…. Keep it up

4. daniella

May 29, 2017 at 1:35pm

My wife is trans and I can’t believe how hateful people can be about someone who is just a little different from them! People can be so dumb. But love always wins!

May 29, 2017 at 10:56pm

Yes, people can be very hurtful. I really wish everyone would just “be kind to one another”, like Ellen says. I hope my blogs can maybe help inspire people to do just that. Yes, love does always win in the end! Go love! Thank you so much for reading and sharing, it really means a lot! 💖

May 30, 2017 at 6:22pm

This is a good idea. There are too many people around today who make judgements about others, yet probably never look at their own lives. A caring person is of true value, that’s all that matters to me 🙂

May 30, 2017 at 6:36pm

Yes, yes, and yes! Lol everything you said is exactly right. People are judgy of others, but not themselves. Very well said. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, it means a lot! 💖