How to Not Care

Hello there! Hope all of you are having a great weekend! I’d like to start this post by saying a huge THANK YOU to everyone for all your support on my last post! Having Chandler has been quite the change in my life and you guys have made it all that much more exciting! For those of you who missed my last post, you can read it here 🙂

Now moving onto today’s post… Having a walker has really made me think a lot about what people might think of me. At the beginning, I was worried that I’d get weird looks, odd reactions, etc., but it’s actually been the opposite! Like me, a lot of people concern themselves with other people’s opinions of them. Why? I mean, I totally get it, but why on earth should it matter? Practically speaking, would it actually affect us in the long run if someone judges us? If someone has a negative thought or opinion about us, does it necessarily mean we’re doing something wrong? Absolutely not! Their thoughts and opinions are about them, not you. So, wouldn’t it be awesome if we could just not care what these people think? If we could just shrug it off and move on? Much easier said than done, right?  Here are a few ways we could at least try.

How to Not Care

Breathing – This one I definitely have not perfected yet,  myself, but it works really well for some people.  Breathe, meditate, or do whatever else you can to soothe yourself. Whatever floats your boat, as they say!

Smallness – I recently watched Sarah Silverman’s comedy routine on Netflix. Super awesome show by the way, if you have Netflix. Anyways, she talked a lot about everyone being a “speck of dust”, meaning how in the grand scheme of things, we are a very very tiny part of a huge world. What do I mean?  Well, sadly, not everyone is thinking about you. You may think people are judging you,  but the sad truth is,  they’re all just worried about what YOU think of THEM.

Grateful – We all worry about what we might be doing wrong or what could go wrong in the future. What’s helped me before, is stopping for a sec to think about the good things I have in my life. At the very least, it can put a smile on your face. 🙂

Only you – Do you feel good about it or do you think you’ve done something wrong? Or are you completely happy with whatever’s going on? If you are, then forget the rest. Only you need to approve / be satisfied.  If your actions fit with your values, then you’re good to go!

Decision – Yes, this is definitely a majorly hard thing to do. Not sure I’ve ever actually really done this, to be honest. I have heard rumors though… Apparently simply deciding not to care, believe it or not, can work. Let me know how it goes if you ever try it out!  🙂

Escape – Always worrying about what people think is exhausting, isn’t it? If you can find something to take your mind off everything, it could help. Wanna know the real reason I blog? haha. I’m joking, but the truth is, having a hobby that makes you happy can help a lot!!

I know these 6 little pieces of advice probably won’t change all that much, but it could possibly give you something to start thinking about? At the very least, I hope I gave you a good read, or a nice break from whatever you were doing 🙂

One thought on “How to Not Care

1. Caryl Bowman

June 11, 2017 at 8:12pm

Some awesome nuggets there Zoey. I loved it!

June 12, 2017 at 12:33am

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed the post!
      Love your blog, by the way. Tweeted and pinned one of your posts 🙂
      Thanks again for stopping by, Caryl! 🙂

June 11, 2017 at 10:53pm

These six little pieces of advice add up to a huge difference! 🙂 I especially like the idea of trying to be more grateful… In my 42 years, many , many things have not gone the way I planned but I try to find the joy and goodness those changes made in my life and to be grateful for them 🙂

June 12, 2017 at 12:36am

Yes, very important to be grateful for what we have. There was a line in a movie once that always stuck with me… “I don’t regret anything in my life, because without it, I wouldn’t be where I am today”. I try my best to think like that.
      Glad you enjoyed my post! Thanks for reading and commenting! 🙂

3. Lena @Befithappy

June 12, 2017 at 3:27am

I used to care so much about what others think, and it took me a lot to realize that it’s not about them. Everyone has their own insecurities and issues, and once you start building your own self-confidence and your world, it becomes less and less important what others may think. I believe this comes as you mature. Peer pressure, especially during teenage years can be overwhelming. Good news is it can change 🙂

June 12, 2017 at 11:50am

Yes, it definitely gets easier over time. I really like what you said about building your own world. This is exactly how I feel, only you put it into better words lol. Once you have your own world, everything else starts affecting you less. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Lena! I always love how much thought you put into your comments 💖

June 12, 2017 at 9:39am

This is a great post! Personally, I have kind of cared less and less about what people think as I’ve gotten older. Of course, there will probably always be a little voice in the back of my head saying “What will people think?” But it gets easier to ignore as life goes on.

June 12, 2017 at 6:47pm

Yep, it does get easier over time! I feel like as we get older, other peoples’ opinions matter less and less. Thanks for stopping by, mi amigo! <3

June 12, 2017 at 12:31pm

This is seriously my number one problem in life; I care way too much about what others think versus what I think. Definitely a hard habit to break as I’ve never been one to put myself first. Totally going to try some of your methods and hopefully make some ground in this dept lol. Thanks for the post!!!

June 12, 2017 at 6:45pm

Yes, definitely very hard to do for me too. I’m really glad you can relate! Hopefully you will find these tips helpful! Thanks so much for stopping by, Chelsey! <3

6. Solmari

June 12, 2017 at 4:31pm

Love this! I live by your points on how not to care.

June 12, 2017 at 6:48pm

Oh I’m so glad you liked my post! Not caring makes life so much easier 🙂 Thank you very much for reading and commenting, Solmari!

June 12, 2017 at 6:47pm

Love your tips as always Zoey! And don’t worry I haven’t accomplished the breathing thing either!

June 12, 2017 at 6:56pm

Thank you!! Yes, even though we breathe everyday, it stops being easy sometimes lol.
      I always really appreciate your comments, Jessie! <3

8. Heike

June 19, 2017 at 12:00pm

I love this post, these tips are so helpful! It makes your life so much easier if you just don’t care!

June 19, 2017 at 5:24pm

Yes, here’s to not caring! Glad you liked the post, hope the tips could be helpful for you. Thanks for stopping by, Heiki! <3

9. Kathy Miele

June 19, 2017 at 12:22pm

Great piece! When you’re feeling overwhelmed by what others think your piece shows how to bring us back to reality!

June 19, 2017 at 5:35pm

Yes, that’s exactly what I was aiming for 🙂
      Hopefully you found the post helpful.
      Thanks for checking it out, Kathy! <3

10. Kaylee

July 3, 2017 at 12:32pm

I love this! I also watched Sarah Silverman’s comedy routine on Netflix, I really enjoyed it.

July 4, 2017 at 12:55am

Yes, she’s amazing, isn’t she? Slightly vulgar, but amazing lol! Thanks for stopping by, Kaylee! <3

11. How to Not Be Awkward · Zoey valuated

July 10, 2017 at 3:06am

[…] what people are thinking about us, don’t we? It’s hard not to, even if I did write a post about it. If maybe, just maybe we thought a little less about other people’s opinions, it […]