7 Thoughts To Remember As You Get Older

Well, it’s almost that time again, folks, almost my birthday. Yep, going to be 28 on Wednesday. I realize it’s not a milestone birthday or anything, but for some reason, it feels like I’m getting old. As a family friend said so well the other day, “no wonder I feel old, because I’ve never been this old before”. Is it possible to have a quarter-plus-3-life-crisis? Yeah, I sound ridiculous, don’t I? I mean, I’ve blogged endlessly about adulting, so you would think I’d have this all figured out, right? Well, long story short, I thought this would make a fun post! Lucky you! Thoughts about getting older, anyone? πŸ™‚

Thoughts to Remember As You Get Older

Forget about the number – 28… 2 years before turning 30. I think about stuff like this sometimes, and let’s face it, we all do. Well, here’s my solution: “who cares?” I know people in their twenties who act like children, and I also know people in their twenties who act like they’re seniors. Age makes no difference.Β

Do what you love – Blogging is my new love… after my family and friends, of course. But, seriously guys, finding and doing the things you love makes it all so much more fun. I shall be taking a creative writing course this fall… trying to practice what I’m preaching πŸ™‚

Present – Everyone always says this, but I will say it too. Be present, forget all those pesky little mistakes you’ve made … unless you’ve killed someone or robbed a bank… or anything illegal, really. In this case, maybe don’t completely forget about it. Bottom line: focus on what’s going on now. Yes, it all sounds cliche and boring, but trust me, it’s for the best.

People – Not always easy, my friends, but try your best to spend time only with people who make you happy. No matter how old you are, the people around you definitely matter. So from now on, cool people only, okay?Β

New – Do new things, step outta that comfort zone once in a while, explore the world, set a goal for yourself… You get my drift, yes?

Body – Couldn’t get away without this one! Another huge thing about age and all that… Β keep yourself healthy. Good food, fresh air, exercise (which Chandler has been helping me with lately)… Β you know the drill. This post probably won’t change anything for you, but at least I’ve said it πŸ™‚

Haha – Important one here, guys. Together with all the other stuff I talked about, keep on laughing. Laughing makes everything better. So, in the words of Ellen DeGeneres, “Laugh. Laugh as much as you can. Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh. Keep doing it even if people are passing you on the street saying, “I can’t tell if that person is laughing or crying, but either way they seem crazy, let’s walk faster.”

What have I forgotten?

How do you feel about birthdays? Β

Share in the comments below πŸ™‚ Thanks for reading!!Β

One thought on “7 Thoughts To Remember As You Get Older

1. Jackie

August 14, 2017 at 6:04am

I can relate to all point below. My birthday passed in june. I love celebrating i love maki g memories. I celebrate for the whole month. And every year i make a conscious effort to do something new or somehing scary. This year i travelled alone and done a sky dive. I was stretched completely and i am now stronger. Older… but younger. Im 27 but look 17. I laughh like there is no tomorow. Everyday. And i make sure it will stay that way. Great post. As usual

August 15, 2017 at 12:59am

Your kind words means so much. Thank you, Jackie! I’m definitely enjoying my birth-month. My anniversary and my wife’s birthday are also in August, so it’s always a crazy month! I really admire your braveness. Sky diving? So cool! Thanks for stopping by, Jackie! <3

2. Lalie

August 14, 2017 at 12:23pm

I’m still working on spending time with people I love because for the most part I like being by myself, but sometimes my friends feel like I don’t really care about them when I go awhile without talking. I’ve never really cared to much about birthdays because mine have usually sucked until my last birthday when I turned 22. 22 has honestly been my best year because so many positive things have happened for me and it’s been extremely adventurous. I hope when I turn 23 it will be even better. Great post!

August 15, 2017 at 1:08am

22 is my favorite number lol. Anyways! So happy that you had such a great year! Also, nothing wrong with liking to be alone, your friends probably understand that. Thanks so much for stopping by, Lalie, I always appreciate it! <3

August 14, 2017 at 12:50pm

Happy Early Birthday! Also, perfect advice for when you’re getting older! I am 25 and these are always on my mind when my birthday starts to approach!

August 15, 2017 at 12:56am

Thanks! πŸ™‚
      Glad you enjoyed the post and love that you can relate! Thanks for stopping by, Jessie! <3

4. Heike

August 14, 2017 at 1:06pm

Happy (early) birthday!! really nice post!

August 15, 2017 at 12:55am

Thanks! πŸ™‚
      I really appreciate your stopping by and commenting, Heike! <3

5. AfuaGyapomaa Bampoe

August 14, 2017 at 2:31pm

Happy birthday on advance, I turned 41 in April and let’s just looking after my body hasn’t been more important than now.

August 15, 2017 at 12:50am

Thank you! πŸ™‚ And yes, taking care of our bodies is definitely important. Good for you, taking it seriously!
      Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

6. Lee Griffin

August 14, 2017 at 5:25pm

Happy early birthday! For me, birthdays aren’t really something I look forward to in terms of celebrating as I had spent my last two birthdays in class for 12 hours taking exams. It pretty much went like this “One year older. Now off to calculus, quantitative chemistry, and biology to take my exams…yay”

My most recent one was at university and the first birthday away from home, so new experiences and new people…and not a single one of them said anything to me that day.
    Lee Griffin recently posted…Aviva Pure | AvivaMinerals Foundation REVIEW

August 15, 2017 at 12:52am

Thanks you! πŸ™‚
      And, that kinda sucks. I guess I’m lucky having my birthday in the summer, so I don’t have exams. You could always celebrate after your exams (if you’re not too tired lol) Thanks so much for commenting, Lee! <3

August 14, 2017 at 6:46pm

Happy Birthday Zoey. To be honest I felt like my milestone birthday was when I hit 30. I knew what I wanted out of life and I knew what career I wanted to pursue. Then you hit your 40s and the years really do speed up x

August 15, 2017 at 12:54am

Thanks! πŸ™‚
      Yeah, 30 is a big one. That’s so awesome that you had stuff figured out at that point! Hopefully I will too :p
      Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

August 15, 2017 at 7:51am

Great post!! Turning 50, four years ago was a huge milestone for me. I struggled with the idea for months before THE day. I remember vividly waking up the morning of my 50th birthday then it dawned on me…how lucky I was to have the priveledge to even celebrate my 50th!!! My mom did not have that luck, she died of breast cancer at the age of 44. So now every birthday is a good day even if I am getting older!!

August 15, 2017 at 11:52pm

That’s a really great way to see it! Should try it myself πŸ™‚ Thanks so much for commenting, Lise! πŸ’ž

9. Dawn DawnBlogtopus

August 17, 2017 at 12:25pm

You know, before I turned 30 I hated getting older, ever creeping closer to 30. After I turned 30 it was like a switch flipped and now I don’t mind. You’d think since I’m creeping closer to 40 I’d be even more freaked out…but nope!

I hope that you had an amazing birthday with your family!